- This event has passed.
Balboa Park After Dark
July 28, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 5:00pm on Friday, repeating until September 1, 2017
Balboa Park After Dark happens every Friday from May 26th thru September 1st, 2017. The park comes alive after 5pm this summer.
Select Park museums will stay open late as part of the Balboa Park After Dark program. In addition, hungry museum-goers can enjoy live family-friendly entertainment and gourmet food from a rotating selection of more than a dozen food trucks parked on the Plaza de Panama and Prado walkway at the Balboa Park Conservancy’s popular Food Truck Friday program.
The Balboa Park After Dark and Food Truck Friday programs are designed for those who are unable to visit the Park and its museums during the week due to full-time jobs or other responsibilities—or who just want a fresh, fun evening out! https://www.balboapark.org/
Visit the following institutions until 8pm on Fridays* this summer:
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Mingei International Museum
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Art Institute
- San Diego Museum of Man – In addition to the museum being open late every day until 8:30pm, enjoy special sunset tours of the California Tower (timed tickets required) and the newly opened Cannibals exhibit.
- San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT)
- The San Diego Museum of Art – Art After Hours every Friday. Special $5 admission prices.
- *Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) is open until 8pm on Thursdays (not Fridays) and the Museum of Man is open until 8:30pm every night.
Extended hours at other museums may vary and are subject to change. Please visit the website of the institution you wish to visit for more information.
General admission rates apply unless otherwise noted.
Subject to change without notice.
Balboa Park Explorer pass holders receive FREE general admission.